Monday, June 25, 2007

Back to square 1

June 25 Monday




We just arrived back to Madrid where it all started earlier today around 6:30 pm. The bus ride was long but it was all worth it knowing it was the last, we will surely miss Ricardo who is the best bus driver I have ever seen. Today we have exactly one more week here in Spain. I am looking for to going home but i will be returning with a life changing experience I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

From the out side it looks small and colorless although walking through the huge wooden double doors it began to change its image. Soon I began seeing arches that looked like bent candy canes in the shape of arches as far as my eyes could see. Because it was invaded and destroyed by the Moors then later rebuilt by the moors, it has a Moorish influence. It has beautiful large dark oil paintings hanging on the wall, some cover the entire wall space. It was quite dark inside but gave the building a sense of tranquility and piece of mind. I enjoyed this place and it was actually one of the mosques on my list to see on this trip and I'm pleased to have experienced walking through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!